See where this video appears on our website.
Accrue is a marketing company in Calgary, Alberta. More specifically, we’re a sales and marketing coaching and consulting firm for the owners of start-ups and small to mid-sized businesses. Learn more About Accrue Marketing.
Hi, I’m John Watson with Accrue Marketing.
When we say guiding your customer’s path through your business what do we mean? It means marketing’s job is not done once you’ve made your first sale. It’s very likely you’ve lost money, due to the high cost of client acquisition. You’ve invested to get a new customer. If you do nothing to keep the client, you’ll never recover your investment.
Marketing needs to guide your client’s journey from beginning to end. It should look something like this.
- You gain their awareness
- Motivate a first purchase
- Deliver what you sold
- Support your client after the sale, and
- Welcome them to the family or onboard themBut you can’t stop there. Now you need to
- Give them a reason to buy again
- Help them buy into your mission, vision, values
- Recognise their contribution
- Invite feedback
- Reward referrals and testimonials
- Reactivate them, if the relationship falters
Guiding your customer’s journey is about fostering long-term relationships to maximise lifetime value. If you stop at acquisition, you have dropped the ball. Are you transactional or relationship-based? If you want relationships, then guide your client’s journey through your business.